As mentioned previously, the Washingtonian Woods HOA Board of Directors has recently made the decision to open the neighborhood pool for the 2020 Summer Season. The decision was not taken lightly and was reached after much thought and careful consideration with our lawyers, the pool company, and our management company. We have been watching and will continue to watch and follow all CDC, State and County guidelines around COVID-19 re-openings and best practices throughout the pool season.
At the moment, pending final inspection, we hope to open the pool on Monday, July 6th.
The following procedures have been put in place this season to help facilitate a safer environment for those choosing to use the pool this season:
1. Liability Waivers. All patrons wishing to use the pool this season will be required to sign a waiver of liability before entering the pool for the first time. Waivers will be available at the entrance desk, or you may download it here to review it ahead of time and bring with you. Please note, it must not be signed ahead time. It must be signed in the presence of a lifeguard or pool company staff member.
2. Minimum Age Requirement. The minimum age requirement for unattended children at the pool this season has been changed from 10yrs to 13yrs. All children under the age of 13yrs must be accompanied by a parent, and liability waivers must be signed. Children aged 13yrs – 17 yrs may use the pool unaccompanied by a parent. In either case, liability waivers must be signed by a parent.
3. Schedule. The pool will be open in 2-hour blocks throughout each day, with a mandatory 30-minute closure between blocks to allow for cleaning. All patrons will be required to leave the pool grounds during the 30-minute closures. Daily schedule is as follows:
Session 1: 11 am – 1pm
Session 2: 1:30pm – 3:30pm
Session 3: 4pm – 6pm
Session 4: 6:30pm – close
4. Capacity. Each 2-hour block will be limited to 100 patrons. First-come, first-served. Pool staff will be counting people as they arrive and depart, and once maximum capacity is reached, additional arriving patrons will be asked to wait until a later session.
5. Guests and Outside Memberships. There will be no guests allowed this season. Outside pool memberships have been suspended for this pool season.
6. Furniture. With the exception of umbrellas placed around the pool deck, there will be no other pool furniture placed around the deck this season. Patrons should plan to bring their own chairs this season. Blue markings have been placed around the pool deck to assist with physical distancing and proper location of chairs this season.
7. Social Distancing. Patrons will be responsible for maintaining social distancing to ensure the health and safety of their family as well as the health and safety of their fellow patrons. In addition, patrons will be responsible for supervising their children at all times while in the pool and on the pool grounds. Please be aware that the pool may be forced to close if social distancing is not followed. Alternatively, patrons may be suspended for repeated violations.
8. Masking. Masks are required when moving about the pool areas for all patrons, with the exception of those under the age of 2yrs. Masks are not required while swimming.
9. Rest Periods. There will be no 15-minute rest periods this season.
10. Lap Swimming. Until further notice, lap swimming will be limited to one person per lane.
11. Baby Pool. The wading pool remains closed indefinitely until further notice from County.
12. Vending and water fountains. There will be no vending services provided this season. Water fountains will not be available this season.
13. Kickboards and Pool Noodles. Kickboards and pool noodles will not be provided this season. Patrons may bring their own.
14. Games. Basketball, ping-pong, corn hole and ring-toss will not be provided this season.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as the Board, Management Company, and Pool Company worked hard to put in place procedures that will allow for an opportunity to open the pool this season.
We expect those using the pool to respect and follow the above Guidelines & Procedures as well as respect their fellow neighbors also using the pool. Additionally, we remind everyone of the important of respecting the guidance of the lifeguards as they take on added responsibilities to help keep everyone safe. Should we find at any point that the Guidelines are not being adequately and consistently followed, and/or that State or County re-opening recommendations change, the Board reserves the right to close the pool for the season at any time.
We hope that you and your families are keeping safe and well, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
Board of Directors, Washingtonian Woods HOA