2023 Pool Mailing, Swim Team Calendar, Tentative Social Event Calendar
Please keep an eye out for the annual pool mailing. Included will be pool hours, rules & regulations, information on pool passes, swim team calendar, and tentative Neighborhood Social Events calendar. They should be arriving in your (snail) mailboxes within the next week or so.
Architectural Guidelines Update
At the last Board meeting on March 28, 2023, the Board approved an updated version of the Architectural Guidelines for homes in Washingtonian Woods. This updated version of the Guidelines was drafted by the Architectural Committee and codifies and clarifies several topics that the Committee has previously provided guidance to the Board on since the last published Guidelines from April 2019. These topics are called out below, for easy reference:
- Additional verbiage on Front Walkways
- Example pictures (front walkways / fogged windows)
- Additional verbiage on Black Balusters for decks
- Additional clarifying verbiage on Garage Door Windows
- Additional clarifying verbiage around colonial style doors
- Additional verbiage around tree stump grinding
- Additional pre-approved Alfandre Cedar Roof Composites
Both the updated Guidelines and list of Pre-Approved Alfandre Roof Materials can be found here.
Annual Spring Property Inspections
Annual compliance reviews are scheduled to begin in the next week or so for all owners of single family homes in Washingtonian Woods. These inspections are to verify that every property is in full compliance with the Association’s governing documents, and the reviews are conducted during this time of year in order to give everyone an opportunity to make necessary corrections and repairs during the best possible weather conditions. Please note the Annual Compliance Review is in addition to regular drive through visits. The reviews are done from the streets and common areas, and may include photos. Please be aware, no one will be coming onto your property.
Below is a partial check-list for your reference:
- All roof shingles and exterior siding are in place
- All exterior brick, stone, and siding is clean and free of stains
- All exterior trim, features, and cornice are in place and in good shape
- Exterior lighting is functioning and in good shape
- Garage doors are in good shape
- All shutters are in place, the same color and not faded
- Mailboxes are straight and have the address present
- Mulch beds are free of weeds
- Plant material and trees (including branches), are in good shape
- Fence, if applicable, is in good shape
- Deck, if applicable, is in good shape
- Bulk/loose items on the property that are not kept out of public view
- Trash cans/recycle bins not stored out of public view except on collection days
- Outdoor play equipment shall not remain in front of home when not in use
PMP will be conducting the property inspections. If you have a compliance issue, you will first receive an email notice, followed by a hard copy of the notice to your home as well. If you have any questions, please wait for the hard copy of the compliance letter and then contact Tim Mulford at PMP (301-963-3337 or timothy.mul[email protected]), to discuss further or to request an extension.
Your efforts in keeping Washingtonian Woods an attractive and appealing community in which to live are very much appreciated.
We hope everyone is staying safe and well.
Board of Directors, Washingtonian Woods HOA