Spring has finally arrived! With Spring comes spring inspections. During the month of May, every Homeowner’s lot and house exterior will be inspected to verify that every property is in full compliance with the Association’s governing documents. It is important that every homeowner properly maintain their property to raise home values and ensure that every Homeowner enjoys our vibrant community. You can take preventative steps now to ensure that you do not receive an architectural compliance letter from the Association. Below are some common items that are frequently cited during these property inspections:
- Rotting wood trim
- Missing or loose roof shingles
- Damaged/missing window shutters
- Faded paint or dirty siding
- Damaged or leaning mailboxes
- Unsecured outdoor play equipment that is not put away when not in use
- Bulk/loose items on the property that are not kept out of public view
- Trash cans/recycle bins not stored out of public view except on collection days
- Tall grass and overgrown landscape
Thank you in advance for taking the time to inspect your property and make all the necessary repairs. Remember that maintaining your home is not only an obligation as a Washingtonian Woods HOA Member, but it also has a directly related effect on resale values of homes inside the community. If you notice any common area improvements that need attention, please notify Property Management People at the phone number listed below.
Please remember that if you are planning on making any changes/improvements to the exterior of your property, you must first submit an Architectural Change Application (which can be downloaded from the community website — www.washwoods.orq) and receive written approval from the Association before proceeding with the work.
Please contact Property Management People at 301-963-3337 if you have any questions regarding this notice.