Just a friendly reminder that the our very first neighborhood 4th of July Parade, BBQ and Pool Party, will be held tomorrow, July 4th!
Here is the quick run-down:
- The festivities start at 11am and continue until 4pm.
- The event is rain-or-shine. Hopefully the rain will hold off until later in the day. Let’s all think happy thoughts, and hope for a good weather window.
- We are asking that families bring a side dish to share at the BBQ. The HOA will be providing burgers, dogs, sodas and desserts.
- A few volunteers are still needed. Please check out our sign-up genius and consider filling an empty slot. All help is greatly appreciated and will help ensure a successful event.
- If you happen to live along the 100 block of Upshire Circle, we kindly ask that you avoid on-street parking during the parade window of 11am – 12 noon, if possible.
Please see below for our full Schedule of Events:
Red, White & Blue Parade (11:00 am – 12 noon)
Time to don your proudest red, white & blue, and decorate those bicycles, strollers, big wheels, scooters, wagons and pets! We’ll be marching as a group from the Tot Lot at Driscoll and Upshire all the way down to the pool. Feel free to decorate your bikes and scooters beforehand, or meet at the park at 11:00am to decorate onsite (we will have some decorations on hand.) The parade starts promptly at 11:30am. If you can’t march in the parade, feel free to come out and grab a spot along the parade route to enjoy the parade and show your support.
All neighbors are also encouraged to fly your American flags!
BBQ, Pool Party, Games, Prizes (12 pm – 4 pm)
Food, Games, Prizes 12pm – 2pm; Raft Party 2pm – 4pm
We’ll be grilling up plenty of hamburgers and hot dogs for all to enjoy, free of charge. We’ll also be providing sodas, water, and desserts. We are encouraging neighbors to bring side dishes for all to share. Games will include relay races, pie-eating contests, water balloon toss, belly-flop contests, and more! Prizes for the winners! Come on out and join the fun!
Please note: the pool party and BBQ is a private event, exclusively for members of the neighborhood (Washingtonian Woods, The Oaks and The Vistas), their families, as well as outside members of the pool.
Unfortunately, we can’t pull this endeavor off with a tremendous level of effort from the community. We are actively seeking neighbors to help volunteer to make this event a success. We need parade marshalls, grillmasters, game & contest volunteers, and people to help assist with food setup and take down. Please take a moment to visit our sign-up genius and sign up for an available slot. It’s a great way to socialize with and meet your neighbors. Come help us make this an event that everyone will enjoy, remember, and look forward to each year.
Happy Birthday, America! Hope to see you all there!
Board of Directors, Washingtonian Woods HOA