Annual Spring Property Inspections
Annual compliance reviews are scheduled to begin in the next week or so for all owners of single family homes in Washingtonian Woods. These inspections are to verify that every property is in full compliance with the Association’s governing documents, and the reviews are conducted during this time of year in order to give everyone an opportunity to make necessary corrections and repairs during the best possible weather conditions. Please note the Annual Compliance Review is in addition to regular drive through visits. The reviews are done from the streets and common areas, and may include photos. Please be aware, no one will be coming onto your property.
Below is a partial check-list for your reference:
• All roof shingles and exterior siding are in place
• All exterior brick, stone, and siding is clean and free of stains
• All exterior trim, features, and cornice are in place and in good shape
• Exterior lighting is functioning and in good shape
• Garage doors are in good shape
• All shutters are in place, the same color and not faded
• Mailboxes are straight and have the address present
• Mulch beds are free of weeds
• Plant material and trees (including branches), are in good shape
• Fence, if applicable, is in good shape
• Deck, if applicable, is in good shape
• Outdoor play equipment that is not put away when not in use
• Bulk/loose items on the property that are not kept out of public view
• Trash cans/recycle bins not stored out of public view except on collection days
Please note that with regards to outdoor play equipment remaining perpetually in front yards, the Board has been intentionally lenient over the past two years with enforcement, due to the Covid-19 pandemic and desire to be flexible. However, at this time the Board will once again be requesting that homeowners start putting playing equipment away when not in use, and not leave in front yards overnight. Please kindly begin to re-adopt this approach over the coming weeks.
PMP will be conducting the property inspections. If you have a compliance issue, you will first receive an email notice, followed by a hard copy of the notice to your home as well. If you have any questions, please wait for the hard copy of the compliance letter and then contact Tim Mulford at PMP (301-963-3337 or [email protected]), to discuss further or to request an extension.
Your efforts in keeping Washingtonian Woods an attractive and appealing community in which to live are very much appreciated.
We hope everyone is staying safe and well.
Board of Directors, Washingtonian Woods HOA