Just a friendly reminder that we are looking forward to seeing you for our annual 4th of July Party this Sunday starting at 12 pm!
Red, White & Blue Parade (11:30 am – 12 noon)
(Decorating starts at 10:30am; Parade starts at 11:30am)
We’ll be marching as a group from the Tot Lot at Driscoll and Upshire all the way down to the pool. Feel free to decorate your bikes and scooters beforehand, or meet at the park at 10:30am to decorate onsite (we will have some decorations on hand.) The parade starts promptly at 11:30am. If you can’t march in the parade, feel free to come out and grab a spot along the parade route to enjoy the parade and show your support.
BBQ and Pool Party (12:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
* Wristbands will be handed out as you enter the pool. Please note that each wristband serves as your ticket for Lunch and Carmen’s.
* Lunch will be provided and served by The Bean Bag Deli from 12pm – 1pm. Burgers/hotdogs and sides will be served. The Social Committee will also provide beverages and chips. The Social Committee has tried its very best to accurately plan for guest numbers. And, to help ensure that there is enough food for everyone, please know that only ONE protein will be provided per person (i.e. either a burger, a hotdog or Veggie burger.) Food will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Carmen’s Italian Ice will be served from 2pm – 4pm
* Please feel free to bring additional food/drink for your family to enjoy.
* No glass bottles permitted on pool deck.
* No food or drink allowed in the water.
* Due to COVID, there will be no baby pool games this year. However, we will have water balloon toss starting at 1:30pm and a belly flop competition immediately following. Everyone is welcome to participate! Sign- up sheets for the games will be posted in the pool area.
* Please, please, please clean-up your area when finished!
*The pool party and BBQ is a private event, exclusively for members of the neighborhood, their families, as well as outside members of the pool.
Finally, we can’t make all of this happen without volunteers! There are many ways to help and we still have many slots that need to be filled. Please take a moment to look at the available slots and sign up today!
Thank you all for your support, and we look forward to seeing you there!
The Washingtonian Woods Social Committee